Allison E. Sleight
Grand Rapids Office
- Family Law
- Divorce & Family
- Custody & Parenting Time
- Child & Spousal Support
- Post-Judgment Issues
- Appellate Advocacy
- Michigan State University, B.A., graduate of the Honor’s College
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude and graduate of the Honor’s College
- While adept at negotiating successful resolutions to complex litigation matters, Allison is equally proficient in effective trial advocacy handling all aspects of litigation through and including numerous hearings, trials, and post-judgment issues in the state and federal courts.
- Allison’s unique experience in general business litigation and family law provides an invaluable element of efficient attorney representation when the issues to be resolved or litigated include complicated compensation issues, accounting and business valuation issues, a need for income tracing, or result in collection efforts.
- Allison has recently contributed to published works in the Michigan Family Law Journal related to electronic privacy, social media, and complex stock option issues in divorce litigation. Allison has also been nominated by her peers to serve a three-year term on the State Bar of Michigan Family Law Council.
- Allison volunteers with the Women’s Resource Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan, http://www.grwrc.org, and provides a divorce seminar the second Tuesday of every month from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. devoted to unveiling myths and providing answers to women contemplating divorce, in the process of their divorce, or dealing with post-judgment issues.
- Prior to joining the firm, Allison completed notable clerkships in the federal courts with the Honorable Kenneth F. Ripple of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Honorable Rebecca R. Pallmeyer of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. In law school, Allison was honored with full membership status in the Moot Court Honor Society as a first year law student and contributed to the Valparaiso University Law Review as both an editor and note writer.
- Allison is a member of the Grand Rapids Bar Association, the West Michigan Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and the State Bar of Michigan.