Legal Assistant – Family
Our Portage office is looking for a self-motivated, full time Legal Assistant to provide high quality and efficient legal assistant and administrative services by providing professional support to the team. This position will work closely with attorneys and other Legal Assistants, including those that provide legal advice in our Family Law Practice Area.
- Establish and organize new and current case files; monitor and maintain attorney calendar; meet and attend deadlines; document and implement follow up actions; maintain and update file database and Firm’s electronic document software; communicate case status and progress with attorney and client.
- Drafts pleadings including Summons, Complaint, Record of Divorce and other necessary documents such as Quit Claim Deeds and Property Transfer Affidavits as directed by advising attorney.
- Communicates with clients through email, written correspondence, and telephone.
- Support case preparation; organize materials for attorney review.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel and a variety of external entities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- 2+ years of legal administrative experience.
- Possesses proficient technical user knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Adaptable to learning new software.
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off including vacation, sick and personal time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision with Health Savings Account (HSA) option, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) option, and/or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option.
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan including matching and non-elective contributions with eligibility on your 1st day of employment.
Kreis, Enderle, Hudgins & Borsos have been serving the personal and professional needs of people and businesses throughout Michigan for over 45 years. Our goal is to assemble the talent and resources necessary to best serve our clients. We hope you’ll join us in making a positive impact in our client’s story.