Legal Assistant – Real Estate
Our Portage office is looking for a self-motivated, full time Legal Assistant to provide high quality and efficient legal assistant and administrative services by providing professional support to our team. This position will work closely with attorneys and other Legal Assistants, including those that provide legal advice in specialized areas such as Business and Real Estate.
- Assists in preparing accurate and properly formatted legal documents, file, and follow up on court filings with attorney supervision.
- Assists in scheduling appointments, including meetings, conferences and court dates for team members.
- Assists in reviewing, prioritizing, and routing incoming mail.
- Arrange for and follow-up on document filings.
- Communicate with court and register of deeds clerks for updates, changes and issues with their offices.
- Maintaining current and orderly files according to Firm guidelines. Answering telephone calls. Provides relevant and timely information to clients and team members in a professional, courteous, and effective manner.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to obtain a Notary Public.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel and a variety of external entities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- 3-5 years of legal administrative experience highly preferred, with experience in electronic filing with courts of various jurisdictions.
- Possesses proficient technical user knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Adaptable to learning new software.
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off including vacation, sick and personal time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision with Health Savings Account (HSA) option, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) option, and/or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option.
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan including matching and non-elective contributions with eligibility on your 1st day of employment.
Kreis, Enderle, Hudgins & Borsos have been serving the personal and professional needs of people and businesses throughout Michigan for over 45 years. Our goal is to assemble the talent and resources necessary to best serve our clients. We hope you’ll join us in making a positive impact in our client’s story.