Employment Associate Attorney
An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Associate Attorney at a West Michigan based law firm. Our firm seeks an Employment & Labor Associate Attorney with 3+ years of experience in advising employers on compliance with all manner of state and federal employment laws and regulations. The right candidate will also have experience and interest in assisting our employment litigation matters that will include discovery, preparation of cases for trial, and ability to work within various jurisdictions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and evaluate employment agreements, employee handbooks, employment terminations, sexual harassment claims, workplace safety, workers compensation, and employee benefits.
- Represent clients in state and federal court, arbitration, and before administrative agencies.
- Develop and manage an employment practice in the West Michigan market.
- Interpret and provide guidance on laws, rulings, and regulations governing businesses.
- Stay apprised of legal and regulatory developments affecting business clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent diplomacy, academic credentials, and writing skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and strategic thinking skills.
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a large volume of concurrent priorities.
- Computer skills.
- J.D., licensed to practice in Michigan.
- 3+ years of experience
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision with Health Savings Account (HSA) option, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) option, and/or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option.
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan including matching and non-elective contributions with eligibility on your 1st day of employment.
Kreis, Enderle, Hudgins & Borsos have been serving the personal and professional needs of people and businesses throughout Michigan for over 45 years. Our goal is to assemble the talent and resources necessary to best serve our clients. We hope you’ll join us in making a positive impact in our client’s story.