Municipal, Planning & Zoning
Local governments in Michigan must address an array of diverse issues every day while also having the vision to navigate long-term challenges. Cities, villages, counties, townships, and other governmental and quasi-governmental entities must also respond to constituents’ needs and rights while remaining mindful stewards of their communities and finances.
At Kreis Enderle, our Municipal and Local Government attorneys provide sound counsel and strategic guidance to municipalities and other governmental entities throughout the state. As the business of government intersects with multiple areas of the law, our firm’s experience in a wide range of legal disciplines serves as a valuable complement to our extensive background representing governmental clients.
In our role as general counsel or outside counsel, or on a project basis, Kreis Enderle helps Michigan local government entities fulfill their responsibilities and serve their constituents through representation involving:
- Ordinance Drafting and Enforcement
- Zoning and Land Use
- Annexation, Condemnation, and Eminent Domain
- Intergovernmental Agreements
- Public Safety and Utility Matters
- Taxation Issues, including Tax Foreclosures and Real and Personal Property Tax Appeals
- Labor Contract and Employment Matters
- Real Property and Environmental Law Matters
- Economic Development Matters
- Civil Litigation and Appeals
- Municipal Collections
- Cannabis Zoning and Licensing