- Michigan State University Detroit College of Law, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A. in Anthropology and Psychology
- City of Battle Creek Ward 5 Commissioner
- Battle Creek Area Chamber of Commerce (Board member)
- Mid-Michigan Junior Achievement (Past)
- Battle Creek Area Boys and Girls Club (Past)
- Battle Creek Rotary (Past)
- United Way of Battle Creek (Past)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Calhoun County Bar
- Title Insurance Litigation Committee of American Bar Association
- Elder Law Section of State Bar of Michigan
- Probate Section of State Bar of Michigan
“A good lawyer helps with issues; a better lawyer resolves them.” – Jim Lance
Jim helps your family plan for the future by creating estate plans. He helps seniors deal with the present with Medicaid planning. And if it comes to lawsuits, he is a tireless advocate for you.
Born in Vietnam, Jim had the good fortune to be adopted by an amazing family from Auburn, Michigan. His father owned an auto parts store in Bay City, Michigan, and his mother was a stay-at-home-parent, keeping order between Jim and his siblings. Jim credits his parents and siblings for providing him with the foundation of humbleness and good moral character.
Jim considers himself a general practice attorney. However, he often handles matters in Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law, Real Estate, Business and Litigation.
Jim understands representing you is an opportunity and privilege. He promises to work with you to protect your future. He will be a counselor every step along the way. And he will be a tireless advocate for you. Jim thanks you for your consideration.
- 2017 Joe D. Sutton Call to Justice Award from Elder Law of Michigan
- 2016 Heroes Award – Elder Abuse Prevention Coalition
- 2015 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2008 Thomas M. Cooley Distinguished Brief Award
Posts by or including Jim Lance
Estate Planning for Families With Young Children: Choosing a Guardian
Which life event, more than any other, spurs people to get serious about estate planning? Having children. Making sure that your kids are provided for … Continue Reading
Four Kreis Enderle Attorneys Selected to 2019 Michigan Super Lawyers List
Kreis Enderle is pleased to announce that four of our attorneys were named to the 2019 list of Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Managing … Continue Reading
Using Care Contracts to Preserve Medicaid Benefits
As seniors live longer lives, their children often find themselves in the positions of becoming primary caregivers or looking for outside caregivers or services. If … Continue Reading
Adverse Possession in Real Property Boundary Disputes
Believe it or not, a person can become the rightful owner of a piece of real property even if he does not have legal title … Continue Reading
The Benefits and Pitfalls of Real Estate Land Contracts
A land contract can be an attractive alternative to a traditional real estate transaction. Unlike a conventionally financed purchase of property, third-party lenders are not … Continue Reading
Four Kreis Enderle Attorneys Named to 2018 List of Michigan Super Lawyers
Kreis Enderle is pleased to announce that managing partner Steve Hessen has been included on the list of Michigan Super Lawyers for the sixth consecutive … Continue Reading
Lance to Be Honored for Elder Abuse Prevention Efforts
Battle Creek, Michigan – Kreis Enderle attorney Jim Lance will be honored at the First Annual Prevention Hero’s Award Ceremony by the Calhoun County Elder … Continue Reading
Forfeiture or Foreclosure: Two Land Contract Default Remedies
When a purchaser defaults on a land contract, the seller has two legal options, forfeiture or foreclosure. Frankly, there are pros and cons for each. … Continue Reading